Click here for Project Officer Job Description
Goalball is a Paralympic sport played by visually impaired and blind people. Goalball UK was formed in 2010 after the successful delivery of the World Championships in Sheffield. Awareness of Goalball in the UK has grown by over 325% in the last 4 years off the back of Sport England’s Whole Sport Plan.
To complement the professional work of Goalball UK (GUK) by taking responsibility for GUK’s Children and Young Peoples projects including, but not exclusively a specific Talent Project . To include Sports Aid (Backing the Best) Goalball Academy funded project, under an agreed system of supervision. To monitor, assess and report on individual group
• Co-ordinate and deliver the GUK’s Find the Next project
• Support the integrity of these programmes and competition through fair and correct procedures.
• Train and support volunteers to fulfil volunteer roles
• Lead on managing a portfolio of delivery partners with the National Development Manager, National Talent Lead, CEO and workforce to ensure quality delivery.
• Support GUK’s national domestic competition calendar following COVID-19 lockdown
Project planning and feedback:
• To coordinate, deliver and track the project management plan for the programme, working with individuals and groups to ensure each project is delivered on time and meets expected delivery dates.
• Coordinate the process of completing the agreed feedback process with all stakeholders including: funders, participants, parents and carers, volunteers, partner schools, local authorities, County Sport Partnerships etc.
• Coordinate and deliver the process and publication of information. sharing to GUK’s colleagues, directors and external stakeholders
• Advise and support partners by linking to GUK’s support, promote all aspects of the projects to all external stakeholders and organisations across the UK.
• To act as an ambassador for all GUK’s projects throughout the UK and to raise and reinforce the profile the
• To undertake any other duties relevant to this post as directed by the appropriate line manager.
• To ensure that GUK’s policies and procedures are implemented and respected both by GUK and its partner organisations.
Please send a letter of application outlining how you meet the specification above supported by a CV (no more than 3 pages), including 2 referees to:
Mark Winder, Goalball UK, English Institute of Sport Sheffield, Coleridge Road, Sheffield, S9 5DA or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to be an equal opportunity employer and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment.
Due to the expected high number of applications we will unfortunately be unable to respond to unsuccessful applicants at this stage.
Closing Date: Tuesday 11th August by 12 noon