Happy New Year!
We have taken the decision that Goalball UK events will continue to be delivered if we have staff healthy and available. We feel we have a duty to continue to deliver the sport for you the Goalball Family while we can.
Goalball sessions delivered by other organisations including clubs can continue to take place under our Return to Play guidance.
It is vital we all continue to follow the guidance to keep everyone safe, in particular pre-screening with voluntary lateral flow testing before attending sessions and events.
Due to the nature of the situation there may have to be postponements, re-arrangement of fixtures, or even cancellations of events. We will do our best alongside the Competition Committee to re-schedule but flexibility and understanding is going to be required from everyone as we progress through the year.
As a summary, our key messages and advice are:
- Opt-In: opt-in into activity and be happy to attend based on the information available.
- Self-Screening: self-screen before taking part in activity and do not attend if you test positive, have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate.
- Face Coverings: wear a face covering when inside the sports hall and venue unless you are on-court playing the game or being physically active in a warmup or cool down (exemptions apply).
- Hand Washing: wash or sanitise your hands on a regular basis.
- Social Distancing: where possible, keep a two-metre distance and consider the length of time of your interactions with people to help limit your contacts.
If you have any questions or circumstances that our guidance does not cover, please don’t hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With best wishes,