It gives me great pleasure to communicate our plans and key messages as we move out of restrictions imposed by Covid-19.
It has been challenging for us all in many ways. However, as we move out of lockdown, we need to continue to be respectful of the position our friends, family and loved ones are in. Therefore, we have chosen to maintain levels of care, with some restrictions, within goalball in the UK.
We urge you all to demonstrate levels of respect for one another and ensure you endeavour to follow our guidelines in order to keep our more vulnerable people safe and healthy.
We would like you, as individuals, to be responsible and take measures to protect others when at goalball sessions and events. There are members within our community who are vulnerable, and many have family members who are also at risk.
We must be mindful our great sport is delivered in an indoor space, and this brings additional chances of infection.
It is also key to remember not everyone is comfortable to return and people are anxious; we must respect this. Measures are in place to help build the confidence of people returning to the sport. We aim for all our people, and more, to come back to our sport when they feel safe and are ready. Please try to make sure their first experience is a safe and pleasurable one.
As a summary, our key messages and advice are:
- Opt-In: opt-in into activity and be happy to attend based on the information available.
- Self-Screening: self-screen before taking part in activity and do not attend if you have symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate.
- Face Coverings: wear a face covering when inside the sports hall and venue unless you are on-court playing the game or being physically active in a warmup or cool down (exemptions apply).
- Hand Washing: wash or sanitise your hands on a regular basis.
- Social Distancing: where possible, keep a two-metre distance and consider the length of time of your interactions with people to help limit your contacts.
We will be promoting these messages across our digital platforms in the coming weeks.
If you have any questions or circumstances that our guidance does not cover, please don’t hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.
Continue to care for your loved ones.
With best wishes,
Secretary General/Chief Executive Officer
Current Guidance Documents
Indoor Return to Play Guidance, Version 10.
Update Summary (Indoor) 19th July 2021.
Outdoor Activity Guidance, Version 2.