As the national governing body for goalball in the U.K. Goalball U.K. oversees the development and management of the sport across the home nations. Since its inception in 2010, Goalball UK has developed to become a successful and robust organisation.
We are looking to appoint three new, exciting positions to help us further develop goalball in the U.K. All three roles are crucial to our ongoing growth.
To support our present Transforming more Lives Strategy: ‘To transform the lives of blind and partially sighted people through goalball’
We continue to strive to be world-leading in promoting and providing sporting opportunities for blind and partially sighted people and to make goalball a universally recognised sport in the U.K.
Goalball U.K. is driven to transform people’s lives through our sport by:
- Building inclusive partnerships
- Creating safe, exciting opportunities
- Empowering through ownership
- Connecting the goalball family
- Creating Positive Communities
As an organisation, we are committed to serving our players with passion, acting with integrity and being responsive to our stakeholders.
Our pride in working at Goalball U.K. must be reflected in our drive for success at all levels.
Key to our work is six Obsessions:
- Increase the numbers of players, coaches and volunteers participating in goalball in the U.K.
- Provide players, coaches, officials and volunteers with a safe, tangible pathway allowing them to develop their talent within a strong domestic framework of competition.
- Increase the awareness of goalball and Goalball U.K. across the United Kingdom and on the international stage
- Increase funding and resource to support the growth and sustainability of goalball and Goalball U.K.
- Ensure a high performing, well-governed, a sustainable and robust organisation that cares for all its members and celebrates the equality and diversity inherent in our sport.
- Continue to develop and grow our U.K. high-performance programme, creating world-class Great Britain teams.
The Transforming More Lives strategy is fuelled by a dedicated team of staff and part-time volunteers who all share the same core beliefs. This is an opportunity to join our fantastic team on the next chapter of our journey.
The three vacancies are:
This is an exciting opportunity to develop and lead our high-performance system by building on the commitment and efforts of athletes, staff, and volunteers within our sport in the UK. We are looking for a skilled, enthusiastic, innovative person to develop the programmes, system, and individuals throughout the next Paralympic cycle and into the Los Angeles cycle. The High-Performance Pathway Lead will work full-time. This exciting new position will play a pivotal role in leading the development of the talent and high-performance pathway and culture within our sport.
Partnership and Funding Lead:
The role of the Partnership and Fundraising Lead will be to plan, co-ordinate and execute a programme to develop new partnerships and fundraising, working closely with the CEO, board members, volunteers, and staff members. The appointed person will seek and secure new meaningful, beneficial partnerships and funding from a variety of sources, including trusts and foundations, individual donors and businesses.
Digital and Communications Lead:
The role of the Digital and Communications Lead will be to co-ordinate and execute content, digital and communications plans designed to raise the profile of our sport, grow our participation and supporter base. The post holder will work closely with the CEO, Partnership and Fundraising Lead, board members, volunteers, and staff members. The appointed person will be expected to build on our existing work to develop the digital presence of goalball and Goalball U.K. using a variety of platforms, as quickly as possible.
Further details can be found for all three roles via our vacancies page.
With best wishes,
Mark Winder, Goalball UK CEO (mobile: +44 7711 049565, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)