The main purpose of the role is to lead on Goalball UK’s National League and to get more people playing goalball through the development of clubs by creating sustainable playing opportunities across the UK.
Goalball is a Paralympic sport played by visually impaired and blind people. Goalball UK was formed in 2010 after the successful delivery of the World Championships in Sheffield. Awareness of goalball in the UK has grown by over 325% in the last 4 years off the back of Sport England’s Whole Sport Plan. We are now moving forward in the delivery of our 2nd Sport England Plan for 2017-2021 the focus of increasing grass roots participation, getting more inactives active and club development.
Salary: £18- £22k Depending on experience
Contract: 1 Year (future years subject to funding)
Work Hours: Full time (some weekend and evening work is required)
Reporting to: National Development Manager
- Develop new clubs in specific target areas, focusing on creating sustainable playing opportunities.
- Organise and Deliver awareness / profile events for Goalball UK across the country.
- Organise, administrate and deliver a number of Goalball UK National League fixtures (weekend work).
- Delivery of taster sessions in schools and the community as required.
- Update Website & create content for quarterly newsletter.
- Respond to general enquires from the website and office phone.
Goalball UK promotes diversity and as a result encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Please send a letter of application outlining how you meet the specification above supported by a CV (no more than 3 pages), including 2 referees to:
Mark Winder, Goalball UK, English Institute of Sport Sheffield, Coleridge Road, Sheffield, S9 5DA or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 6th April (5pm)
Interview Date: Monday 23rd April
Download further details here: Goalball UK Clubs and Competitions Officer _Final JD