All applicants must be affiliated Goalball UK clubs. Your event must focus on one or more of the following development areas:
- Beginner players not yet ready for regional level competitions
- Women & Girls
- Juniors (under 18)
- Progression of players between competition levels
- Inter club competition
- Taster events with partner organisations to recruit new players and or volunteers
- IBSA World Games 2023 Impact Event (September – November)
The grant will not fund regular club training sessions.
Grants are available between £250 – £1,000. If you have an event idea or concept that requires more than £1,000 of Goalball UK grant funding, please contact Alex.Bunney@goalballuk.com to discuss.
All events must be delivered between October 2022 and December 2023.
Events funded through the grant will be required to have:
- An event risk assessment
- A qualified named and designated first aider
- A qualified named and designated safeguarding lead
- A club bank account for funds to be paid to
- Proof of grant spend at the request of Goalball UK, any items over £250 will automatically require proof of expenditure
- Participant registers for monitoring purposes
- Complete post event feedback
Goalball UK Support
Goalball UK can provide support with the following:
- Applications before submission
- Event Planning
- Event Scheduling
- Event Promotion
- Recruitment of Activators & Officials (if required)
Unfortunately, no in person Goalball UK staff support is available to support events.
Goalball UK will aim to assess bids and respond to applicants in 4 weeks. If successful, funding will be provided within 4 weeks after Goalball UK has received the grant acceptance paperwork.
Monitoring and Feedback
Clubs will be expected to take a register for their event and complete a short feedback form or phone call no later than 4 weeks after the event.
How to Apply
Please use the online Club Event Grant Application Form to make your application and you can download the supporting information including a draft application form to help you write your bid.
If you have any questions, please contact Alex Bunney (Participation Lead) by email Alex.email@example.com or call 07716 666771.