Goalball Activators help to run tournaments and goalball sessions, with the aim of getting more people with a visual impairment more active more often. As an activator you can get involved through officiating, assisting, coaching, leading, and promoting goalball tournaments and sessions. Being a Goalball Activator will be a rewarding experience, providing a fantastic opportunity to meet new people, gain confidence, develop skills and overall – have fun!
If you are interested in becoming a Goalball Activator, please complete the short form on the link here.
There are a many reasons as to why individuals want to volunteer, but we find no matter what the motivation all our volunteers benefit from:
- Supporting a Paralympic sport while making a difference in the community
- Developing new or existing skills
- Being a part of exciting events
- Meeting new people and joining the goalball community
- Having FUN!
All activators receive a branded Goalball UK activator pack including (t-shirt, bag, water bottle, pen and lanyard). Goalball UK pay reasonable expenses (e.g. travel, accommodation and food for tournaments) in line with Goalball UK policies.
Goalball Activators play a vital role in helping us deliver our national league competitions and events. Below are the various roles available to help you identify how you may contribute.
We will soon be launching a brand new ‘Introduction to Officiating’ online course to train activators before attending their first tournament – more information coming soon.
- Timer – responsible for timing the whole game. The timer operates the clock which indicates the remaining match time
- Ten Second Timer – to ensure the 10 second rule is adhered to by the teams. There are 2 ten second times in each match
- Scorer – responsible for recording the game accurately, time outs, substitutions, goals and medical stoppages
Goal Judge – responsible for indicating if a goal has been scored as well as assisting the referee on substitutions, time outs and returning the ball to the field of play.
If you would like to get involved in volunteering but are not keen on coaching or officiating, then maybe the Event Assistant is for you.
Event Assistant – to assist with the running of the event, keeping the off-field teams up to date with match timings and scores.
If you are interested in becoming a Goalball Activator, please complete the short form on the link here